Securitize is an innovative global fintech company focused on digitizing assets on the blockchain. We are the industry-leading digital securities issuance and compliance platform, and our clientele reflect a vast range of asset classes from uniquely impassioned companies. From our inception in November 2017, we’ve been thrilled to watch the effect that blockchain technologies have had on the financial industry, and this movement is anything but slowing down. With offices in San Francisco, New York City, Tel Aviv, and London, we are constantly looking to expand our diverse team with the top talent from both the traditional finance and burgeoning blockchain industries. If you’re passionate and curious about the impact this groundbreaking technology is having on the financial services industry, we want to hear from you.
- Primary responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the compliance program for the Company’s transfer agent function.
- Advise product teams on compliance services, features, and requirements, and work with development and product teams to build out compliance processes (both automatic and manual).
- Communication of significant issues to management; make recommendations when weaknesses are identified.
- Prepare and respond to regulatory enquiries and manage examinations.
- Advise on marketing and public communications.
- Research and report on regulatory developments and make suggestions with respect to related compliance policy and procedure enhancements.
- 5+ years of professional compliance experience at a bank, broker-dealer, transfer agent or a regulated FinTech company.
- Extensive knowledge of federal securities laws.
- Experience with OFAC and AML compliance; FATCA and tax rules experience a plus.
- Deep interest in the regulatory landscape for digital securities, blockchain and evolving policy requirements.
- A business mindset with a drive to find solutions that allow business and market share growth in a prudent and long-term-oriented approach.
- The ability to explain regulations to non-legal personnel in a concise and effective manner and work with developers to ensure regulatory compliance at the product level.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to handle and resolve operational gaps and challenging initiatives. Strong organization and attention to detail and ability to work in small teams.
- Previously managed regulatory affairs and led government relations for a company.
- Based in New York.
- B.A/B.S. JD a plus, but not necessary.